Terms of Reference for Vocational Training
Somaliland Youth Peer Education Network (Somaliland Y-PEER) is a youth-led organization dedicated to promoting reproductive health rights, combating gender-based violence, enhancing youth employment opportunities, and developing leadership and entrepreneurship skills among young people in Somaliland. With its main office in Hargeisa and regional offices in Erigavo and Burao, Somaliland Y-PEER actively engages in initiatives to empower youth across the region. Somaliland Youth Peer Education Network (Somaliland Y-PEER) received funding from the International Solidarity Foundation (ISF) to implement a project aimed at reducing Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG) in the Sanaag, Togdheer, and Saahil regions.
- Objective of the Training
The primary objective of the vocational training program is to enhance the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of trainees in the field of beautification. The goal is to produce competent graduates capable of contributing to the socio-economic development of their communities. The program aims to connect TVET applicants with vocational training institutes that offer high-quality training, equipping them with skills that can be readily applied in the market, fostering sustainable businesses.
- Responsibilities of Somaliland Y-PEER and the Training Center
3.1 Training Center Responsibilities
The selected training center is responsible for:
- Hiring professional trainers specifically for beautification training.
- Conducting a pre-training evaluation to assess the trainees’ existing skill levels.
- Developing a comprehensive course outline tailored to the beautification training.
- Procuring all necessary training materials for the program.
- Conducting the training over a period of 66 working days, including theoretical and practical sessions.
- Maintaining daily attendance records.
- Conducting post-training evaluations to measure the impact of the program.
- Awarding certificates to participants upon satisfactory completion of the course.
3.2 Somaliland Y-PEER Responsibilities
Somaliland Y-PEER will:
- Cover the tuition fees or attendance costs for the three-month course.
- Provide basic business startup kits for the graduates.
- Monitor the progress of the training, evaluate the performance of trainees, and ensure the achievement of course objectives.
The training program is scheduled to run for three months, commencing from 24th September to 24th December 2023.
Upon completion of the training program:
- 30 trainees are expected to successfully complete the three-month intensive beautification course.
- Participants will receive certificates of participation for the respective vocational skills.
- Trainee’s Profile
- The program targets 30 women and girls from four different locations, specifically IDPs in Erigavo.
- Skills and Qualifications
The selected training center should:
- Demonstrate relevant training experience, including providing CVs for the instructors.
- Possess all necessary machines and tools required for beautification training, ensuring practical sessions are effectively conducted.
- How to Apply
If you are interested in providing this training, please kindly submit your quotation to Y-PEER Office Erigavo.
Submit your Quotation on or before September 21, 2023. If you find it difficult, please call 063 343 1199 or send WhatsApp message on 063 343 1199