Post Title: Site Maintenance
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC3
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 8th October 2015
Closing Date: 21st October 2015
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, humanitarian air and logistics services, food coordination and emergency rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somalia candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant and overall supervision of Administrative/Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan, coordinate and provide a variety of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventive maintenance is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment;
- Coordinate and support portering and cleaning services to ensure organized and safe work environment;
- Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems and components, to ensure all installations meet established safety standards;
- Assist in maintaining accurate asset records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and material, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines;
- Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken , services provided, materials procured and used for installations and repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future services;
- Provide technical guidance to external contractors during specific maintenance schedules, to enable efficient and cost-effective services;
- Support supervisor in evaluating installation and repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to contribute to efficient and cost effective site maintenance services;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three or more years of related experience in site maintenance and record keeping procedures, and at least one year at level 2 or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge: Knowledge of machine operations, use of cleaning materials and safety precautions. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc to be sent by e-mail to HR-SOM@wfp.org
- Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location;
- Hand delivered applications will not be accepted;
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.